Salary: $13.00 to $33.00 /hour
Service Desk Analyst (Tier 1)
A fast-growing Winnipeg based IT consulting firm, working in the Aviation, Communications, and Manufacturing industries. We provide support to more than 3000+ users, 300 servers, and 200 network devices in local and remote offices. We provide a wide range of Managed IT, Project Management, Business Intelligence, and Telecommunications services across Canada.
- Primarily providing first and second level support via phone, email, and in person, as it pertains to the operation of workstation hardware (Computers/Laptops/Tablets/Mobile Devices), applications, Windows domain services, printers, network access, telephones, remote connectivity, and other relevant technologies;
- Maintaining a compliment of provided IT services as assigned (EG: Backups/Restoration, Threat Prevention – as a service);
- Creating and maintaining Service Requests/Incident records, work logs, change logs, project records, tutorial documentation, and contributing to an IT knowledge database;
- On a rotational basis provide After-hours “on call” support and varying shift work availability for the above; and,
- Occasional travel to remote sites to provide support.
Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience in a Help Desk Analyst role preferred;
- Within a framework of challenging timelines and limited supervision, the successful candidate must possess the ability to process and prioritize a high volume of work with accuracy and efficiency;
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a necessity; and the ability to work with a variety of customers at all levels;
- Experience with Active Directory, Domain Services; Windows operating systems (consumer/server), MS Exchange (Outlook), MS Office applications; Network (LAN/WAN) concepts, VPN technologies; Mobile Technologies (Smartphones/Tablets), and Printers required;
- Experience with building and repairing computer hardware; and a working knowledge of past and existing computer hardware components/technologies required;
- Experience using an IT Service Management or ticketing system to manage Incidents and Service Requests;
- A theoretical or working knowledge of virtualization and remote application delivery services desired;
- A strong desire to learn;
- Ability to work and excel in a team dynamic;
- Must be able to occasionally travel to remote sites as required;
- Must be able to perform shift work and on call support on a rotational basis;
- ITIL/Cobit, Comp TIA or MCSE certifications are an asset;
- A diploma in a computer related field preferred.
Contract length: 6 months